Themis;326331 Wrote:
> Well, I understand your point of view, and I admit that my explanation
> was probably poor, so I'll try to explain better : To have an idea
> about a speaker (or any hifi gear setup, for that matter) I always use
> listening material from the 60-70s because these material are part of
> the music I like, and also because back then (in the 70s) I was used to
> listening to these tapes with excellent amps and speaker (I won't go
> into details). So, after many years of listening, I ended up
> "connecting" the pleasure (on some distinct recordings) of some
> particular music with some distinct particular details. So, if today I
> can find these details (on the same recordings), the emotion is back
> and i appreciate the gear. If I can't, then I don't care about it,
> whatever others may say about accuracy and so on. Mainly speakers (and
> dacs) "color" enough the music to influence my experience. Some tube
> gear too, sometimes.
>
> Anyway, I've always owned speakers and gear that bring these details to
> me (and I've started listening to CDs vary lately - less than 5 years
> ago), so, as far as recent recordings are concerned, I keep on
> repeating the same scheme. I'm probably naïve, but I don't consider
> myself as an "inexperienced listener".  At least for the recording
> materials I like the most. ;)

Yes I do understand that.  Speakers do color and that's why people seem
to like certain types, brands or styles of speakers.  But just because I
don't like the color or emotion of a certain speaker doesn't mean it's
flawed.  It mainly means it doesn't work with my likes to my ears or my
type of music.  For years JBL's were always the Rock speakers and loved
for that but not for Jazz or classical.  As I've gotten older I do like
certain speakers probably because I'm comfortable and familiar with the
color and sound of them. While I love my B&W's I'm sure there are
others that think they are junk.  So many intangibles make music
reproduction almost impossible to judge on what is best I think.  Oh
btw, rereading my post it sounded way to harsh, I'm sorry about that my
friend.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality