I had new wooden floors fitted and thought wifi would do. It's now toooo
late and I wish I used cable! Grrrrr

Even if you don't use it run the cable anyway.

You don't mention if you will run the cable yourself? If you are
thinking about doing it yourself and the cable is not terminated the
information to do it is on the web and it's very very easy. The crimps
etc you need will cost way less than paying someone to do it.

Here's a good guide: http://www.lanshack.com/make-cat5E.aspx although
it's for cat5 it's the same for cat6. Although cat6 has a shielding
core, bit trickier to use than cat5. You will mess the first few up:-)
I still manage to miss a wire and I've done hundreds. But that could
just be my fat fingers;-)

The comments about using CAT6 are correct, no need for it (technically
at the moment) but as it's a "once in a lifetime" chance to run hidden
cable go for CAT6. The only real reason to do it now technically is if
the cable run is very long or if there is a chance of interference from
other electrical items. In a domestic situation this is unlikely. (CAT^6
has better shielding)

--
mikeruss