I'm taking the plunge and getting the Transporter for my Audio
Research/VPI/B&W system.  I have the luxury of starting from scratch,
not just using my existing desktop PC (Windows Vista) or laptop (also
Vista).  What would you folks recommend as a storage device/music
server to store files, and what format would you use?  I would prefer
to save my discs in the format with the most
music/ambience/imaging/etc. and not scrimp on file size.  Also, any
recommendations on setting up libraries and playlists?  I'll want
several different playlists and the ability to locate a title, album,
or artist quickly for replay.  If and when I choose to move these to a
portable device, I'm assuming I can convert them then to MP3 for use on
an iPod?  Thanks, still learning about all this 21st century stuff.

--
GHillTX