cliveb;401191 Wrote:
> Sorry - I should have figured that out.
>

> But it just goes to show that properly mastered 44.1/16 can sound
> fabulous. I've always felt that way, and that all the hi-res formats
> are just a cynical way of separating punters from their dosh.

How cynical! For me, it is the low-resolution formats that are cynical
ways of separating punters from their dosh - I'm pretty sure that apple
make vastly more money selling lo-bit crap to the millions than Linn
will ever do selling hi-res recordings. In any case, if you buy a
dual-layer SACD you pretty much get the high-res version free, and at
download prices, low-resolution formats cost far more per bit than
hi-res ones. Don't you want to hear exactly what the guys recorded in
the studio? People have dreamed of that since Edison!

--
JezA