I will acknowledge out of the gate that this will be a bit of a rant but
it has been building for awhile. I purchased the Transporter based upon
the excellent reviews it was having in the Press and my sense that
moving all my music to a digital storage media made sense.  There was
also the sense that I had a 'shed load' of music (in CDs) and I was
only touching a portion of it.

The last couple of software releases (in my opinion) were not
Transporter friendly and I reported several defects which appear to
ultimately been fixed. I recognise that software has 'bugs' (I am in
that sector) but one of my reported bugs seemed fundamental which
indicated to me an absence of testing.  The Transporter was SlimDevices
'leading edge' premium product; I do not get that sense with Logictech.
They appear to be going almost exclusively for the mass market with the
BoomBox.  Hence, I feel like I spent a considerable amount of money and
I am wondering about the wisdom of that spend.

Am I missing something? Can I stream premium source (AAC+) internet
radio to the Transporter and have it play in native mode? Can I play my
Apple Lossless in 'native' mode (please no mails on the great Apple
nasties - it works, it is solid and it has the market ...).

I would like the Transporter to stand out (again) as a PREMIUM
product.

MD Smith

--
MDSmith