MDSmith wrote:
> So, there must be a middle ground here.  I am not going to convert all
> of my CDs to FLAC so they work with the Transporter as that causes an
> issue with my iPod. As mentioned, before the proverbial Catch 22!

I don't understand the problem here.
Make your library in flac, point your Transporter to it.
Use "flac2mp3' to make a complete parallel copy of your library, point
your iPod to it.

There are 2 Terabyte disk drives for $100, and the MP3 library will be
only 20 to 25% of the size of the flac library.

Or complain to Apple that they are stuck in dark ages.