Phil Leigh;410318 Wrote:
> Time to junk the apple formats.<snip> Dropping the proprietory codecs
> will be the end.

I gotta admit, I'm nervous of just this...   iTunes is one of the best
packages I've used for organizing music, but apple haven't demonstrated
that they're really concerned with hi quality.  Their low end players
don't support lossless, and their high end touch and iPhone products
shipped with an obvious bug when playing lossless (random drop outs).
Inspite of the fact that I like iTunes, I've moved my Slim audio files
out of Apple lossless and into Flac...

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight