Thx for the confirmation that I have not missed something (ie. the
ability to play AAC+ streaming and ALAC in native)regarding the
Transporter. And while I appreciate the comments about 'size of
firmware' and 'cost to transcode' there remains this huge presence of
iTunes out there.  You might not like it but it is there and it is the
dominate factor (at least according to the stats I see).

So, there must be a middle ground here.  I am not going to convert all
of my CDs to FLAC so they work with the Transporter as that causes an
issue with my iPod. As mentioned, before the proverbial Catch 22!

As mentioned, I want the Transporter to be the premium platform for
digital music at an audiophile level.  What is wrong with that goal /
objective?

--
MDSmith