El Duderino;409346 Wrote:
> I was simply asking if using the XLR outputs influences the volume.

Priceless reply.

But I don't think anyone answered your actual question.

You should expect XLR outputs to be +6 dB above RCA connections. In
addition, but more variably, -nominal- line level between RCA
(consumer) and XLR balanced (professional) can vary up to 12-14 dB.
Maximum levels differ as well. Its variable because not all vendors
implement it the same way, unfortunately.

Further insight for SB3/Tp is available on the 'ConnectToPowerAmp'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/ConnectToPowerAmp) wiki page.

So level matching with a sound meter as you have done is critical for
testing, and you should not expect equal settings on the two devices
for different connection types.

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Pass Labs X2.5-Bel Canto Evo6 Gen II-Paradigm Signature S8
SB3-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Kingrex T20-Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.4