musicexpression;410102 Wrote:
> since VFDs are inherently noisy devices that potentially enter into the
> audio path, why didn't SD look into the newer OLED devices???
>
> but looks like the 802.11b/g pci card can be swapped to a draft N
> version...

But if you're really worried about noise, shouldn't you remove the
wireless card altogether?

I guess I better get my fireproof suit!

I'm guessing the display was used, because they were already buying
lots of them for SB3's.  The firmware and hardware was working well, so
it would have been more difficult to justify switching.

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight