El Duderino;409630 Wrote:
> I did find that the SB3 was somewhat fatiguing to listen to due to
> unrefined/harsh highs.  That seems to have resolved with the
> Transporter.

That's a good point and something that's maybe not that obvious when
listening to short samples and switching between sources.

I don't think you'll hear huge differences on short samples between the
two (depending on the material, and the rest of the system etc), but I
think you'll find a more significant difference over a long period.
What about listening to a programme of music over a couple of nights on
one, and then the same programme over the next couple of nights on the
other?  Just choose the volume you feel comfortable with, which might
be different with a different source as well as with different music,
and see which gives you the most pleasure.

It seems to me that test more closely replicates your real use of the
products, and is therefore more likely to give significant results.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk