Quad;409695 Wrote:
> One argument for the Transporter: It is able to play 96kHz files.
>
> As long as the most common way to get digital music is ripping standard
> CDs it's not a big advantage. But the more you can buy music online the
> more I would love being able to play the best quality offered.
>
> I'm extremely happy with my Duet/DacMagic but I just can't afford a
> Transporter.
>
> As you can see, I'm still convinced that a Transporter simply -has to-
> sound at least as good as a SB+DAC. And I experienced myself that a
> SB+DAC sounds better than a plain SB. No ABX-test, white noise or sound
> meter is needed. Would you really consider blind-testing scotch single
> malt vs. bourbon? ;-)

...and a small counter-argument: 24/96 don't sound ANY different to
24/48...
:-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom