ralphpnj;411773 Wrote:

> You are, of course, completely correct
I can see our views are not that far apart. Just kidding. :)
ralphpnj;411773 Wrote:

> the placebo effect does exist but its existence does not necessarily
> mean that sonic differences do not exist between various brands of
> electronics but only that the importance and degree of these sonic
> differences tends to be exaggerated as a result of this placebo effect.
> And certainly blind testing, when used as Mr. Colloms uses it, can serve
> a very useful function but blind testing is just another tool in the box
> for evaluating audio equipment and not the be all and end all of testing
> methods.
Seriously, we are probably more in agreement than not. I think what is
damaging is "fundamentalism" on either side. I would describe myself as
a skeptical agnostic.

"Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out." -
Richard Feynman
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

(Inguz bass EQ'd) SB3 -> (pre bypassed) Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
(caps bass EQ'd) Laptop -> Genius Slab SW-flat2.1 700
SB3 / Rio Karma / Laptop -> JVC UX-C30 / Sennheiser PX-100