timequest;427566 Wrote:
> Well that's interesting.  I was under the impression, from most of what
> I have read, that the digital out sounded better than the analog outs
> (all SM devices), especially when fed through an external (i.e.: better)
> DAC.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better DAC than Transporter's.
And even if you did, it would have to support word clock mode to even
compete on the same playing field (s/pdif is a huge disadvantage). As
for SB3, duet et al, it's analog outputs are not going to blow away a
high-end DAC, but yes they would make a fine pairing.

--
seanadams