seanadams;427570 Wrote:
> I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better DAC than Transporter's.
> And even if you did, it would have to support word clock mode to even
> compete on the same playing field (s/pdif is a huge disadvantage). As
> for SB3, duet et al, it's analog outputs are not going to blow away a
> high-end DAC, but yes they would make a fine pairing.

I love the Transporter, don't get me wrong.  Truth is, immediate A/B
comparisons on the dealer’s best system reveled that the Cullen Stage IV
PS Audio DL-III clearly sounded better than the TP (DAC connected to TP
– A/B with/without) - there's no other way to say it, everyone there
heard the difference.  I want to get the newest PSA DAC, the PWD, which
has true I2S inputs (in the way of HDMI connectors).  I really want to
see if I can mod the Duet receiver with an I2S output.  Is that doable?

--
timequest