JezA;427392 Wrote:

> -"As for the clocks - within SBs they vary widely - an old SB1 can
> drift as much as 10s on an average length track, whilst I have seen a
> duet with minimal drift. The DS clock is extremely accurate, the SB
> clocks are obviously not as good in some cases."-

True, SB1 had poor clocking, and a number of other bugs related to PCM
passthrough mode, due to bugs in its black-box DSP chip. I don't know
about 10s (maybe 10ms?) over the length of a track, but by modern
standards not good.

All products since SB2 have extremely good clocks and correct handling
of raw PCM, so his statement is quite disingenuous in extrapolating that
observation to current models, or "the SB clocks" in general.

--
seanadams