duke43j;427475 Wrote:

> Hi Phil. Boy, you are really getting into this. I don't have a
> schematic with my manual. Also nothing on their website. Sorry about
> that.

I looked too - nothing on the web. Still, with only 4 valves it can't
be that complex.

I used to repair valve gear (30 years ago) - it was my first proper
job!
I suppose trying to diagnose an issue like the one you appear to have
is a mental challenge for me :-)

Armed with a signal generator, basic scope and multimeter, most valve
amp faults can be pinned down in about 30 mins. In most valve pre-amps
the only expensive components are the mains transformer(s), the valves
and the pots & switches. Aside from these, a repair is usually going to
be less than $20 in parts.

One last question: has your pre-amp ALWAYS been like this since you
have owned it?

Regards
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom