ralphpnj;458806 Wrote:
> Now that's more like it. But I'm still unclear as to why one S/PDIF
> output would sound "better" than any other S/PDIF output since most good
> external DACs will reclock the output anyway.
Well, reclocking is good on paper. And S/PDIF output is good on paper
too.
In practice, though... things are slightly different.

Although, you're probably right, there're much less (clocking) problems
with "most good external DACs", as you say.
Simply "much less" is not equal "none", I suppose.

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus