thanks kphinney, appreciate the constructive response

I've always been a fan of rotel as well, and I quite like my RB-1080,
for the price point it suited the purpose fine

I guess I tried to go for a balance between raw power/aesthetics &
musical refinement.... when I listen to say some acoustic, jazz, or deep
house sounds, I want to hear perfect percussion & tight bass... when I
listen to something more uptempo say some deep tech, minimal, or
electro, I want raw power and deep bass, and when I watch movies I want
the high end surround sound.... all whilst looking good (hence the
Beosound) in my house

for the most part I think I achieved that somewhat, however wanted to
upgrade to a better DAC and have a transport for my digital music and
live sets/recordings, so the TP seemed like the perfect product

the more I play around with it and listen, the more I find myself
falling in love with it

unfortunately due to the layout of the room I was limited with my
speaker placement and they can't be moved... though obviously my system
could do with a bit of tweaking, so I'll give what you suggested a bell
over the w/end and see how she sounds :)

--
FARQ