marcoc1712;494002 Wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I do not use RG (disabled), so i think is not a matter of volume.
>
> By the way, every difference in audio is a matter of "Volume
> difference" depending on "where" and "how" the difference is, you have
> good or bad sounding devices!
>
> Anyhow, I think that IF there is a volume difference, it will be
> clearly detectet by AudioDiffMaker, Phil have you detected any in your
> test? If Yes, you can't say the results are identical, but just that in
> your evaluation the difference is inaudible, correct? If not, than is a
> good point:
>
> a. I'm a placebo effect victim (99% probabylites).
> b. difference are not in the measure focus of the software  (1%
> probs).
>
> I don't Know the software and how it works, have you tried if it's able
> to detect differences as little as the one due, for instance, to a
> different digital cable or power suply?
>
> At the end, as Socrates did, i want to post you a dubt:
>
> IF for SB is exactly the same to play a WAVE or a FLAC converted to
> WAVE in the server side, why in the first case the FF/REW is disabled
> and is working in the second?
>
> Im not an expert, but to me this mean that the signal flow at least
> into a one more 'logical' if not 'fisical' block, so by definition is
> not 'exactly' the same. I'm not stating that this is the cause, i realy
> have no idea about, but just to let you think maybe something different
> is in place...
>
> Please, spend half an hour lissen at beethoven Piano concerto - Anne
> Sophie Von Mutter - Herbert Von karayan - BPO, second movment and tell
> me if the Solo violin approach sound exactly the same to you or if is
> only a volume matter, in the worst case, you'll listen to some very good
> music, and I'll be happy to know that I can save undreds Euros in HD
> space (more music to buy!)
>
> Thanks, Marco.

Marco,
the whole point about ADM is that it does indeed detect and correct for
very tiny differences (< 0.001dB !) in level.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio