maggior;508598 Wrote:
> I think it is the opposite.  By having your mp3 library a subset of your
> FLAC library, you are managing.  How is that easier than just having a
> mirror?  A mirror could be mangaged by a daemon process.  And why is it
> that somedoby that does that have "too much time on their hands and too
> much money"?  Disc space is cheap, so having a complete mirror is not
> expensive.
>
> Certainly the simplest case would be to just have a single copy of your
> music files.  No matter how you slice it, there is some management
> imposed when you have a mirror in another format to manage, though it
> could be automated in some fashion.
+1. It would take way more time for me to decide which tracks I wanted
to convert to MP3 than it does to just convert the whole thing, which
dBpoweramp or flac2mp3.pl can do completely unattended. I have a hard
enough time choosing what subset of my MP3 library I want to put on my
portable players. Deciding in advance which ones I wanted to convert to
MP3 would only add another step to process -- disk space and CPU cycles
are much cheaper than my time.

--
aubuti