How long is everyone going to ignore the OT?  Yeah, flac2mp3-whatever
can transcode just like a hundred other programs.  The OP wants a PLAYER
that plays FLAC, ogg, and mp3.

Allow me to quote:
> ...eliminate Apple products [from his choice of players]
> - beside mp3, it must play ogg and flac
> - simple usb mass storage interface without "music management"
> software. Think files and directories.

Start another post on the benefits of mp3flac2-whatever from
Robin-the-eternal-guest.  Why does "audiophile" forum become "I know
better than you and ignore your question" a good deal of the time?

--
kphinney

-I like it, you may not.  I understand and respect that.-