mr_bill;511763 Wrote:
> So, give it too me straight.
>
> Analog outputs.....is the Touch the equal of the Transporter or is the
> Transporter better and I can go either way - rca or balanced out if it
> gives the advantage to the TP.
I have a Transporter but have not heard the Touch, so what follows is a
more generic observation.

Over many years, I've experimented with balanced and unbalanced
connections (not just the TP - I once had a CD player with balanced and
unbalanced outputs, and also used to use a balanced line driver for
unbalanced sources). I can't give a definitive reason for it, but
there's something about balanced that gives the sound a sense of
"solidity" and "organic texture" that I find missing from unbalanced.
I'm guessing that it's something to do with the better grounding
topology of balanced (lack of ground loops, no matter how tiny).

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A