Kuro:

Kuro;515196 Wrote:
> Of course I understand what is TCPIP.  The noise I'm talking about is
> data modulation noise.  When a digital output is measured with no data
> (just clock only), the digital stream can be very low in jitter.  When
> data is present, data modulation noise occurs and I've a few senior
> engineers witnessing 2-4x increase in jitter on the output.

Does the (recursive) equation: CLOCK=DATA+CLOCK have a fix-point?

I must admit that I don't agree on many of the things you have written
- but that doesn't mean there aren't valid points to be found. But IMO
your explanations are imprecise and with so many errors, that it is
difficult to extract the meaning of them.

In the above case, I'm guessing you are referring to some notion of
data-dependent jitter? If so, then clearly speaking of it in terms of a
digital signal with "no data", is not really understandable.

ATB

--
bhaagensen