ajkidle;525698 Wrote:
> I'm considering the Aperion Intimus 6T towers combined with a Peachtree
> Nova for a new 2 channel setup I'm putting together.  Anyone have any
> experience with either of these?  Or suggest other hardware in that
> price range I should consider?  (Approx $2500 budget for speakers and
> amp together.)
>
> Thanks!

Why don't we start with what they will be used for? How big is the
room? How loud do you listen to music (mainly party use or serious
listening)? What other sources do you want to support?

The Peachtree Nova is a great niche component. As to the speakers, in
my opinion they are way overpriced for what they are at $1400 a pair.
Both Vandersteen and Thiel put the majority of the money into the
drivers and not into the current cabinet styling of this year. A set of
Vandersteen 1C Speakers or Thiel CS1.6 Speakers would be better two ways
in my opinion as well as they are both Time & Phase Aligned with First
Order cross-overs. If you can scrap up some more money, I would look at
Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures or Thiel CS2.4s. It is my opinion as well as
others to buy as much speaker as you can now, and get an amp to get by
with until you can upgrade it. If its going to be a one time buy, lean
as far toward the speakers with the money as you can. It doesn't make a
bunch of sense to have a great amp if the speakers are not up to showing
it off IE the speakers are holding it back.

If you are going to buy a Touch which has a very good DAC, you might
think about putting more money into speakers and look into a NAD or
Adcom amp to drive them with. A good set of speakers with a high
current amp is hard to beat in MidFi.

If you can, go and listen to some Thiel, Vandersteen, or similar
speakers. I think you might be surprised with how well they sound.

Also if you don't have to have new, careful shopping on Audiogon can be
a great way to get a pair of 3 way Thiel or Vandersteen Speakers for the
new price of the Aperion Intimus 6T towers.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom