esbrewer;528544 Wrote:
> I would imagine very few people in this forum are going to recommend a
> tower to someone looking in the $1000 range for loudspeakers.  The best
> values on that end of the market (and the market in general) are 2 way
> monitors.  If you're going with the towers because the aesthetics of
> stands don't work for you, your options are more limited.

Now we're getting somewhere!  It's not an aesthetics thing at all.  And
in fact, my wife is not a fan of how big and imposing towers are.  I was
pursuing that direction because I wanted better sound and solid low end.
Now I've got some real researching to do into subs and monitors and how
that's going to pair with the Peachtree.  (Does an amp generally have a
sub output, or does it go in series with the speakers?)

--
ajkidle

2x SBR, SB3, Boom, Radio, iPeng