Although I have no personal experience with Aperion, they appear to have
earned excellent press and likely represent an excellent value.  That
being said, the established manufacturers I mentioned above have long
histories of success at all levels of the hifi market. The techniques
they refine in their higher end products ultimately are applied to more
affordable ones at the level the poster is talking about.  The speakers
these companies make are all excellent considering the limits imposed
by their pricing.  The Peachtree is the unique product here - with an
interesting combo of features, performance,  and aesthetics.  The
monitor and sub combinations from any of these manufacturers will make
you very happy.  Just audition a few, select ones that suit your
tastes, and educate yourself about how to best integrate them into your
room.  The towers at that end of the market will not offer the same lows
a good sub can.

--
esbrewer

Server:  2.4GHz Intel iMac running Mac OS 10.6.2, SBS 7.4.2, Inguz DRC
Sources: SB3 (2), SB Boom, NAD C542, NAD T515
Amplification: NAD C720BEE
Loudspeakers:  Paradigm Studio 20 (v.1), SVS SB-12 Plus
Headphones:  Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer