Rodney_Gold;530615 Wrote:
> I cannot see how the transporter using levels of digital attenutaion
> that are fairly destructive (over 10 bits) to the signal can be better
> than using analog attn on an undisturbed signal.
A reasonable point of view. The crucial clause is "on an undisturbed
signal". Problem is, the number of preamplifiers on the planet which
leave the signal "undisturbed" can be counted on the fingers of a
double amputee.

Whether the disturbance is audible is another matter, of course. There
are probably a very small number of preamps that are audibly
transparent, but from Fxdwg123's experiences, is would appear the
Meridian G02 isn't one of them.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A