Hi..

Am about to take delivery on a pair of Mozart Grands this Saturday....I
know these are not quite "audiophile" speakers but I figured they were
close enough that this forum was the lesser of the evils as far as
where to post, heheh.

We auditioned Maggies, Definitive Technology Mythos SBL, Monitor Audio
RX 6, Martin Logan Motion 12, Vienna Acoustics Bach and Mozarts, and
the Vandersteen 2ce.  Trying to keep things around US $3K or less.

The Mozarts sounded the best of anything we listened to for the music
we prefer (we're not having head-banging rock n roll parties here) in
the living room setting we have, and---at least in advance of getting
them home---seemed a good fit for our not-quite audiophile gear and
relatively modest needs.  The Maggies were great in the audition but,
because of the charactaristics of our room, we really aren't able to
have a "listening spot" and we were advised by two different
salespeople that because the Maggies were more spot-oriented, we'd
likely be unhappy with the results.  Apparently, the Mozarts have more
of a "fill the room" presence which is what we need....guess we'll see
soon.  And, yes, the Marantz specs says it'll deliver 100W at 4 ohms
and we have confirmed with Sumiko, the V.A. reps, that it is compatible
with the V.A. speakers.

Anybody have these and like/dislike these Mozarts and/or have any hints
for getting the best out of these aesthetically lovely things?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Duet SBC running 7.5.1 r8837, an SBR running firmware V 65.  Controller
and receiver configured in all-wireless set-up using Netgear WNDR 3700.

Running Squeeze Server 7.5.1 r30836  on Windows 7 64 bit/ HP Pavillion
w/Intel i7 processor

Marantz PM8003 integrated amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Klipsch KG 3.5
speakers