haxter1;556742 Wrote:
> I agree with all that has been said here concerning the VA Mozart
> Grands.  i would just like to add that using the best source and
> amplification components along with good cabling will surprise you.
> Tilting them is important but the most dramatic tweak was when I
> removed the front covers.  Th sound stage opened right up  So I guess
> you could say that they perform according to how they are fed.

Thanks, haxter....yes, I was wondering about that as it seems that the
majority of photos that I've seen of these speakers set up show them
without the front covers---probably a good clue as to how users feel.
We've now taken the covers off and are listening without.  And, not
only do we agree that they seem to sound better, my wife actually
prefers the look (much to my surprise).  They're really gorgeous units
(we got the cherry).

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Duet SBC running 7.5.1 r8837, an SBR running firmware V 65.  Controller
and receiver configured in all-wireless set-up using Netgear WNDR 3700.

Running Squeeze Server 7.5.1 r30836  on Windows 7 64 bit/ HP Pavillion
w/Intel i7 processor

Marantz PM8003 integrated amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Vienna
Acoustic Mozart Grand speakers