AnotherTribe;556438 Wrote:
> I really like the Mozart Grands, I have had mine for about 3 years now.
> I primarily listen to Jazz and all it's variants so my comments are
> based around this genre but I do listen to a wide range of music and
> the Grands to me perform exceptionally well. Mine are being driven by a
> Rotel RA-1062 integrated that seems to match them very well. I do not
> listen at mind numbing levels nor does my listening room ever double as
> a techno dance club.
>
> They can be a little finicky to get dialed in initially and I spent
> many weeks tweaking. In my room I found they like to be separated by at
> least 10 feet or so and minimal toe-in. I found that small adjustments
> in distance from the back wall can have significant affect on the low
> end. Mine are about 5 feet into the room and the bass response
> surprises me. I have no need to even consider a sub. Also play around
> with tilting them back slightly using the adjustable spikes. Depending
> on your listening position and height this can make a difference. And
> grills off is my preference.
>
> As always YMMV, lots of variables etc, etc.....
>
> Enjoy!
>
> BTW, when does a speaker become "audiophile"? :-)
>
> [image:
> http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff105/anothertribe/Touch/DSC_0234.jpg]

Thanks A.T....hope all is well there in Bedlam.  I just got 'em
yesterday and, of course, we'll be fiddling around with placements for
a bit.  I understand that the sound will change over the first 100
hrs., so won't get too locked in on any one position.  My initial
impression is that they sound fantastic.  The Marantz was reputed to
have the same "warm", clear qualities as the V.A.'s and, again, my
initial impressions would support that.  We listen to a lot of acoustic
music---jazz, guitar, and classical. I may get hold of Sumiko again for
some advice as our living room is, I believe, a bit of an acoutical
challenge due to shape of room and listening spots.

When gear graduates from "consumer" to audiophile.....????.....beats
the you-know-what out of me.  What I can say is that the stuff I have
now is unlike anything I've ever heard in my house or any of my friends
and colleagues. But, then, I suppose one could argue that my baseline
was low.

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Duet SBC running 7.5.1 r8837, an SBR running firmware V 65.  Controller
and receiver configured in all-wireless set-up using Netgear WNDR 3700.

Running Squeeze Server 7.5.1 r30836  on Windows 7 64 bit/ HP Pavillion
w/Intel i7 processor

Marantz PM8003 integrated amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Vienna
Acoustic Mozart Grand speakers