c3p0;570297 Wrote:
> " Just to summarize the whole thing I'd say the whole discussion should
> not be about flac vs. wav. The data is the same.
>
> It is about reducing load on the audio client."
>
> So that would suggest that only analog outputs would be affected but
> not the spdif/tos to an external DAC. Or does it affect the Jitter?,
> which should be measurable. Therebye the ability to hear a difference
> is not only external DAC/System dependant but also dependent upon the
> scale of Jitter, which will vary between systems. But then again all
> this should be measurable.
>
> If a difference exits it must be measuarable.

1. You'll experience it on both outputs.
2. If you have the right skills and the right equipment you should
manage.
Though I doubt that any average electronic freak will be able to do
that. ( For sure G. Rankin must be considered a quite capable
engineer.
He and Steve Nugent (Empirical Audio) failed to come up with an
explanation. Both of them and many more professionals are well aware of
what I am describing. )
Manufacturers do have to deliver standard specs such as THD/SNR etc.

If you're very lucky you'll see jitter measurements ( which usually

doesn't mean anything).
The manufacturers  won't be even interested to do more then
required.
Marketing strategy, cost and competition will dictate the efforts
taken.

Enjoy.

--
soundcheck