I agree with most here - this discussion is a bit on the edge, from a
logical and technical perspective. It took me some years to even think
of trying this because I knew it made no sense. I was a huge doubter of
"cables" for many years!

The point is becoming more and more universal - there is a positive
effect on sound quality from up-sampling redbook CD to "high res." at
least in respect to the Transporter/SB. I couldn't be more confident of
this effect from day to day as I continue to evaluate what I am hearing.
The music is just that much more musical. It has gone from sound that
reproduces music, to music itself. Quite striking. I have since rigged
a 30V battery power supply for my t-amp. Even more of the same. Music.
More depth, more natural.

What has been very interesting to me is that, the "deficiencies" in my
system have been mostly solved by some very inexpensive methods. Where
I thought I needed more "power" (I'm not saying that I wont revisit
that one), for example, I have largely solved through "data handling
techniques" and power supply modifications. A happy camper again! - for
now.

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.