Phil Leigh;570306 Wrote:

> For what it's worth, I haven't tested your claims/tweaks on the
> analogue outputs (as I don't use them at all). For me they had no
> effect on the digital output - I am not speaking for anyone else here.

It took you a while to come up with this feedback. ;)

Anyhow. It might shows that your TACT and/or the rest of your system is
either that good or even that low-level that the changes are not audible

to you.

In fact there are only very few DAC systems I am aware of out there
which manage to decouple quite good from a PC or Touch. It usually
requires galvanic isolation and serious buffering, reclocking or jitter
supression on the receiver side. Those systems become pretty immune
against incoming distortions.
This is actually one reason why the Touch is pretty immune against
distortions generated by the server.
Unfortunately they made the Touch a PC again. All those decoupling
advantages which we could experience on a DUET were again eliminated on
the Touch by introducing that Linux-OS, monitor asf. Not to forget we
still face poor ethernet-groundloops on Duet and Touch - which should
be avoided in any case. Logitech should have just chosen a different
ethernet jack respectively implementation to stay away from the dirty
network ground.
I shouldn't forget to mentions though that the new reclocking and
better digital outputs in the Touch got Logitech out of Trouble. I am
sure that
Logitech could have made a Duet much better sounding then a Touch by
introducing the same Touch reclocker and digital out to it.
Those devices would have been sold like mushrooms at a 100$ each at a
fragment of the production-cost of a Touch. ;)

And finally - To be honest - I never expected that especially you would
hear a difference. ;)
The interesting thing though, the vast majority of feedback I am
getting pretty much confirms what I am claiming/promise to happen.
There is no need for me to get into arguments with people who are
"experiencing" different things.

Enjoy.

--
soundcheck