cliveb;570182 Wrote:
> And one which pretty much all DACs (except for those off-the-wall NOS
> jobbies) have been doing since the late 1980s.
>
> If you want the benefit of moving the reconstruction filter out of
> harm's way, simple oversampling does the trick (and as I said above,
> happens inside most DACs anyway).
>
> I've never understood why people think that "upsampling" (stuffing
> invented samples in between the actual ones) could achieve anything
> more, but they swear it sounds better, so there must be something in it
> - almost certainly psychological.

yes - sorry, I was thinking about NOS DAC's. I should have made that
clear.
Modern DAC's always oversample so they can use a digital recon filter
out of harms way.
Which rather begs the question why anyone would ever UPSAMPLE anything
these days. I mean, it would have made sense years ago before digital
recon filters...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio