azaz44;574066 Wrote:
> I made shorting plugs and tried this way. Shorting plugs to the '-', and
> signal to the '+'. And all of the sudden, it works fine! Tried several
> times - the amp starts fine and plays music directly from the SB3.
>
> There must be some difference between XLR pins and RCA inputs. On the
> picture there are some capacitors (I think) connected in between.
>
> Interesting, this means I was listening to it wrong way all from the
> beginning... Maybe now I will not love this sound anymore :)
>
> I don't know how it sounds now yet (my home is too noisy today), except
> that it plays music.
>
> As it comes to the volume and safety, I did go to 85/100 in SB3 - it
> was really loud, but I think still safe for the speakers. The lowest
> level (1) could be too loud sometimes in the evening, for background
> music. I think I saw some option in player settins to lower the volume
> by some constant number. This could help, although I still would be a
> little bit afraid of some sudden configuration reset or anything.
>
> I wonder now how Transporter would be, and think how nice it would be
> if Transporter had additional analog inputs and input switching, so it
> would be a complete preamp...

Excellent news - congratulations!!!!!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.