The other important points to remember here, is that we are talking
about complex algorithms that take the digital data and process it.
These algorithms are not "perfect" at this task.

Its just like in digital photography. I have old "raw" files (raw data
off the sensor) that I now process with more advanced algorithms
available today and get a MUCH better result. Even the designer of the
chip (ex. Canon) has improved its algorithms over time. Is the date
better? Same data. Handled in a better way. Same with audio.

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.