diego;603551 Wrote:

> Yes. He refers to people owning a squeezebox device. Some of those
> people wrote, based on their personal observations, that converting
> files to PCM at the server side sounds better than streaming a FLAC to
> the player. Well, they own at least one Squeezebox device, so they
> bought some squeezebox gear from Logitech and therefore, they ARE
> logitech customers. A., being a developer and therefore, on the payroll
> of Logitech, qualifies their opinion as "FUD". Or did I get something
> wrong about all that...? If its all just a misunderstanding, that would
> of course be nice and support the credibility of A.!

I see discussions all over the internet (check hydrogenaudio.org for
examaple) related to FLAC vs PCM (vs other stuff). And this is from
people who haven't even heard of squeezebox! Andy is speaking
generically here about FUD re FLAC vs PCM (and I personally agree), NOT
about logitech customers in general.   And anyhow, I'd prefer the
designers/developers on a project to tell the truth as they see it.
Andy's not a used car salesman trying to make everything on the lot
look like a "cream puff".

--
garym