audiomuze;603525 Wrote:
> How does the following:
> constitute referring to his customer's opinion as FUD?

@Phil Leigh

Yes I got that. The thing that causes the whole misunderstanding is,
that the Server and the squeezebox touch's display say, when playing a
flac file that is converted to PCM at the server side:

Bitrate: 3160kb/s VBR (Konvertiert in 1411kb/s PCM)
(got it in german...)

So... 1411kb/s refers not to some VBR-Flac-stream, but to the CBR PCM,
that has a known bit length and frequency. If this is only a "guess",
this is of course more than confusing.

However, I know now, that this information is simply wrong... thanks to
you for your patience ;-)

@audiomuze

Yes. He refers to people owning a squeezebox device. Some of those
people wrote, based on their personal observations, that converting
files to PCM at the server side sounds better than streaming a FLAC to
the server. Well, they own at least one Squeezebox device, so they
bought some squeezebox gear from Logitech and therefore, they ARE
logitech customers. A. qualifies their opinion as "FUD". Or did I get
something wrong about all that...? If its all just a misunderstanding,
that would of course be nice!

--
diego