stop-spinning;606128 Wrote:
> Nah, I'm not worried about wifi, it works perfectly from a streaming
> perspective, It's just that I am in the Audiophile section and some are
> leading me to believe that I should switch wireless off for better
> fidelity - so I may as well wring as much out of it as possible where I
> can - because I won't be getting the soldering iron out like the
> Lampizator.
>
> I am currently looking at DACs though, and am seriously interested in
> the new Rega DAC - which has been carefully designed to reject noise -
> and my local dealer thinks it's awesome! Never heard it myself though.
>
> I will be selling some decent CD players in order to put towards it -
> but for now though, I will keep my old DPA Little Bit 3 DAC currently
> hooked up to the SB.
I would say Wi-Fi is a better choice that cat6 cable. Why?
You can get electronic noise in via the cable from the noisy computer.
As somebody pointed out protocol wise TCP/IP will provide the touch with
100 % data as long as the band wide is there.
For now I am feeding the signal optical to my Receiver but I will get a
Rega DAC shortly to bring the SB on pair with my Rega Jupiter.
Server upstairs via WiFi so no computer noise, the coaxial for best
signal transfer to the DAC.

--
brodeur