OK we can get clever DACs that can recover any Jitter from an SB - are
we then saying that an SB is very Jitter prone so we need a clever DAC
to compensate for this inadequacy? Obviously by removing the need for a
CD transport much of the internal noise and jitter is eradicated from
that perspective alone. However, I wonder, where else does jitter
"form" in an SB? Is it down to using a cheap crystal oscillator
perhaps? Forget upgrading the power supply - has anyone attempted to
upgrade to a more accurate and high quality clock/crystal oscillator? I
harp on too much about the advantage of not having to worry about a
dodgy CD Transport - but perhaps the internal 'clock' in a SB is where
the mass market cost cutting exercise is apparent? If you want more
flexible use of DACs from yester-year without worrying about modern
DACs compensating for jitter prone sources - what modifications, if
any, should be considered on the SB?

--
stop-spinning