adamdea;614636 Wrote:
> 6 I have read on many many occasions comments that cd issues and
> sometimes subsequent remastering reveal details previously *obscured*
> by the vinyl and are generally more pleasing.
And herein lies the issue that many people have with vinyl, and indeed
analog, in general ..... the medium itself inherently adds copious
amounts of noise/hiss and distortions which drown out the signal being
reproduced burying much of the music under said noise/hiss and
distortions in the process. Once this information is smothered in hiss
it truly is gone forever.

For anyone who aspires to build a playback system that accurately
reproduces what the recording has to offer, including revealing all the
little details and nuances originally available, this is unacceptable.

--
Pneumonic

Main:

Slim Devices Transporter > Metric Halo ULN8
Modwright Sony SCD 777ES
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 Preamp
Audio Research Classic 120 Mono Power amps
Martin Logan CLS IIz Speakers