Folks.

I just tried that idea I had earlier -- 35 minutes ago to be exact.

A test for the Linux folks - perhaps I prepare something more general
for the tt blog.

What you do:

1. You boot your Touch and play your favourite test track at 100%
volume.
Note: This test runs at 100% volume. No volume control No
attentuation!!!
You can kill your speakers. Turn your external volume control down
prior
to the test.
2. You log into the Touch with "ssh root@your-ip"
3. You kill the /usr/bin/jive process (it keeps the audio interface
busy)
4. You copy from your PC a 44.1/16 yourtest.wav test-track (<30MB not
sure how large it can be) with scp to /dev/shm  (ramdisk)
"scp yourtest.wav root@your-ip:/dev/shm"
5. You play it back with "aplay -f cd -d TXRX /dev/shm/yourtest.wav"
6. As option you can disconnect your ethernet cable.
7. To stop playback type CTRL-C
7. Do a HW-reboot to get back to normal.

This way we have elimated the ethernet. (And of course the Touch
processes)

Enjoy.

--
soundcheck