I had a look again into Playback.lua -the file where I lock the VC to
100%.

If you look at the code and the mod, I'd 100% support all those folks
saying that there can't (or better shouldn't) be any difference. You
hand over the same value to a function "decode". If you take the last
value of the gain coefficients or if you apply a fixed value. The
result should be 100% the same. That looks really trivial. Though this
has been a known fact.

My question would be what role the fade-in/fade-out function plays.
That's probably the only function that manipulates the volume. In my
case is turned off though.

BTW. Q to any of the designers following the this thread: Is there a
way to
change prefs (e.g. logging) from commandline on the Touch. Where are
the prefs and logs stored on the Touch?

One more Q: Is the gain value array (consists of 100 fixed values per
VC step) kept on the Touch only, or are these arrays also kept and
communicated by each and every client?

(Please excuse my limited lua knowledge. I'm just getting myself a bit
deeper into it.)

Cheers

--
soundcheck