soundcheck;618065 Wrote:
> You need to keep indexes and values of that array in sync resp.
> consistant between all controls. That at least would be my
> understanding.

Why?

These are totally independent scales.

a) scale of the Touch volume slider: 0-100 => is sent to the server
b) internal volume value of the server
c) gain value that gets send back to the Touch: 0-65536
d) internal index value while mapping volume curves: 0-99 or 0-100
didn't count the array entries. Even if the array with the volume curve
had 20 or 200 entries it wouldn't matter here the way the conversion is
done
e) gain value sent to audio hardware: 0-65536

As long as the 0-100 from (a) is mapped to the full range 0-65536 from
(e) on this 'long' way everything is alright.

> From what I can see the curve lacks one field/value. If this has any
> impact. No idea. I just brought it to the table.

As said: the volume curve could have 20 or 200 entries. The way the
algorithm is written right now it doesn't matter at all. The volume
curve is just about the resolution one gets when moving the slider.

Again I'd suggest to follow the easy route:
put your volume slider to 100%, turn on debug-log.
Play around with everything and try to find a way when the debug-log
does not print 65536 even though the volume slider is at 100%.

As long as you can see the magic 65536 in your logs you can be sure,
that you don't need to care for array indices.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.