@bluegaspode.

Thx for the hints.

Hmmh. logconf.lua was not the place where the actual UI settings are
kept.

I figured that there is another variable "volume". This can go
up to "100". It reflects the actual UI settings.
That one also seems to get mapped to the array index somewhere.
Since the array index just goes up to 99 I hope that there is not a
problem in that mapping somewhere.

That volume variable also gets changed even if the volume is locked.
Which makes sense. From what I can see. It won't make any difference.

The 0-99 scale you're talking about is just the array index, isn't it?

One more Q:

Does anybody know what "decode" is actually doing in terms of binary
algebra with the handed over gain value?

Cheers

--
soundcheck

'soundcheck's Touch Toolbox 2.0'