soundcheck;617424 Wrote:

> BTW. Q to any of the designers following the this thread: Is there a
> way to
> change prefs (e.g. logging) from commandline on the Touch. Where are
> the prefs and logs stored on the Touch?

Log is written to /var/log/messages
You can change log levels via the menu: Settings->Advanced
Settings->Log
'audio.decode' is the channel that writes gain-values to the log.

Looking into the 'LogSettingsApplet' (which provides the menu to change
log-levels) the log config is saved to  System:getUserDir() ..
"/logconf.lua"

You should be able to find that file by just searching for it.

> One more Q: Is the gain value array (consists of 100 fixed values per
> VC step) kept on the Touch only, or are these arrays also kept and
> communicated by each and every client?

Guess the server has the same curve saved, because via cometd (the
protocol used to communicate that a players volume should be changed)
you set values between 0-99 (that's also the range/resolution of the
volume slider of the Touch)

SlimProto (the protocol that communicates the effective volume to each
players) uses the range 0-65536 to transmit volume values (based on the
volume curve).

On the Touch the 0-65536 values are reverted back to the 0-99 scale,
just to convert them again (using the same volume curve) back to
0-65536 (which is the range the audio hardware expects). The code looks
like someone planned to convert one volume-curve to another, but that
never happened.

Anyway - my code review of all these conversion cannot spot any flaw
(as can also be seen/proved in the log files of my Squeezebox).

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.