I'm wasn't a huge fan of B&W sound either, but the synergy of this
system was amazing. I've got a pair of Acoustic Zen Adagios right now.
I replaced my highly modified Magnepan 3.6R's with the Adagios because
the Acoustic Zen's were even faster than Maggies.  I also needed a
smaller speaker to clear my movie screen.   I can't wait to try out
high rez on my system.  Truth be told, I find the Magnepan's are a
better home theater speaker and a little less fatiguing, but the
Adagios are faster and more tonally accurate for my 2 channel blasts.
If I ever get a bigger house I'll probably unbox the Maggie's for the
theater and put the Zen's in a 2 channel room, but now I'm just
dreaming...

--
EARBLASTER