Phil Leigh;626209 Wrote:
> I think Ronnie Scott's may have at least equal claim to be the "most
> famous jazz club in the world" - outside of the US :-)

Since this the audiophiles forum I thought that you might say The Pawn
Shop is the most famous non-US jazz club.

All kidding aside, I quite agree that London's Ronnie Scott Club is
among the world's greatest and most famous jazz clubs. Also in the
running would be Cafe Montmartre, the Blue Note (NYC) and the Five Spot
(NYC).

I also realize that you Brits have a hard time dealing with the fact we
colonials managed to invent jazz and import it to England. While I
respect that fact that jazz is now a world music and that many of
jazz's greatest players never set foot on US soil, the fact remains
that jazz started as a uniquely American art form and the first half
century or so it's existence and development is dominated by Americans
and American ex-pats.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch