ralphpnj;626216 Wrote:
> Since this the audiophiles forum I thought that you might say The Pawn
> Shop is the most famous non-US jazz club.
>
> All kidding aside, I quite agree that London's Ronnie Scott Club is
> among the world's greatest and most famous jazz clubs. Also in the
> running would be Cafe Montmartre, the Blue Note (NYC) and the Five Spot
> (NYC).
>
> I also realize that you Brits have a hard time dealing with the fact we
> colonials managed to invent jazz and import it to England. While I
> respect that fact that jazz is now a world music and that many of
> jazz's greatest players never set foot on US soil, the fact remains
> that jazz started as a uniquely American art form and the first half
> century or so it's existence and development is dominated by Americans
> and American ex-pats.

Oh I don't disagree you folks invented it...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.